Coffee

Writer Bio

My photo
Storytelling is a talent passed down through the generations in my family. It is a way of life in that the more you live, the better the story; the deeper the experience, the broader the plain to connect with readers. Just like life is about people so writing is about people - about their love, their loss, their triumphs, their failures, and their x ever after. I write to understand myself and make sense of life. I share my work in order to find others who can relate to my characters, or their lives, or the moral of the story.

Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Write, burn-out, beta-read, rewrite, repeat.


Listening to: Avril Lavigne ft OneRepublic - Remember When
Mood: Meh.
Writing: The Chronicles of Derenvere


I'd like to start this post off with: No, I am not participating in Nano next month. It would be the first time since discovering Nanowrimo that I don't join in the chaos.

But I am getting back into the swing of writing again. Not to imply that I haven't been writing, but I am mentally gearing myself up to make this my 8-6 job, 5 days a week. I think that I have reached the point that I just want to polish off the manuscripts I have, whilst working on those still sprouting stories, and send them into an agent.

See what happens.
I wouldn't send my work in anywhere if I didn't think it stood a chance.

But hey, it's 2014, and considering the smut selling like hotcakes in the literary world these days, I'm confident that I can feed the readers and satisfy everyone.  Especially (or rather hopefully) the other writers out there who are discouraged and outraged at what is being put forward to readers.

Respect the readers.
Respect the writers.
Respect the craft.

Write on, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment