Coffee

Writer Bio

My photo
Storytelling is a talent passed down through the generations in my family. It is a way of life in that the more you live, the better the story; the deeper the experience, the broader the plain to connect with readers. Just like life is about people so writing is about people - about their love, their loss, their triumphs, their failures, and their x ever after. I write to understand myself and make sense of life. I share my work in order to find others who can relate to my characters, or their lives, or the moral of the story.

Sunday, November 07, 2010

Day 7 - End of Week 1

Watching: WCL 
Reading: Prophecy's Ruin- Sam Bowring
Writing: Thunderstruck
Playing: DMC 4 - HM
Mood:

And so, on a whooping 12, 500+ words, the end of the first week of Nano has arrived!
Chapter 1 is done, and I've resorted to writing scenes rather than try to write the link between scene A and scene B, if that makes any sense.

The late nights of frantic writing have caught up to me. It seems I'm more prone to becoming ill when I lack sufficient sleep for a day or two, than any other time. It is terrible - in the matter that my throat feels thick and raw, I have an irritating scratch in the back of my throat that makes me want to cough, I have sneezing fits at random, a stuffy nose, an even stuffier head, and I can feel the achy yucky fever part of the cold coming on. But believe it or not, there is a positive light amidst the dreariness of this sickness.

I tend to write better when I'm sick. Also in the middle of the night, when I'm half asleep but keep writing 'because I have to get this chapter done before I go to bed'. It would seem that I write best when I'm not 100% present in mind. Very, very....very weird.

Weird writing moments aside, the novel is going well. I'm having fun with it now, and I've fostered a passion for the story itself and I'm starting to become very fond of my characters. I keep wanting to get back to writing because I'm so curious to get to know them better. Considering my male lead was meant to be fair in appearance and angelic and shy in nature, according to the synopsis for my novel on Nanowrimo, and what I got on paper is a 'bipolar', odd looking dude who likes to disappear and sneak up on people like a ninja instead.

At least he beats the stereotype role I was going to cast him in, and I can now with confidence say 'sianora Gary-Stu!'


 

No comments:

Post a Comment