Coffee

Writer Bio

My photo
Storytelling is a talent passed down through the generations in my family. It is a way of life in that the more you live, the better the story; the deeper the experience, the broader the plain to connect with readers. Just like life is about people so writing is about people - about their love, their loss, their triumphs, their failures, and their x ever after. I write to understand myself and make sense of life. I share my work in order to find others who can relate to my characters, or their lives, or the moral of the story.

Friday, November 12, 2010

On the twelfth night of Nano, my muse has given me...

Reading: The Forbidden Game, L.J.Smith
Writing: Thunderstruck
Playing: DMC 4 - HM
Mood:
 

More-inspiration-more-motivation-more-determination,etcetcetc, and all while I was drinking coffeeee!
Yeah, I know, I know. Clearly late nights and working long hours on this manuscript has made me go coocoo a bit.

Anyway.
Day 12!!!!
Annnnnnddd.... I think I might make the 50k in time. If I can write another five thousand words in the next three days, I should be good as gold. It's not like I'm running out of steam - I have very good ideas to further the plot standing by with their essence bottled up to throw at me as I run this marathon. Just when I'm done gulping down one, I'm sloshing down the next, and at this rate I'm going so fast through all these ideas that I'm drowning in them.

But there are those damned fanfiction canons trying to throw obstacles in my way. Nero tried to buster me(that might be because I threw an empty bottle at him as I ran past, though), Vergil tried to catch my attention by pulling a dimension slash on me, Dante was just being an idiot and running along side with me before I tripped him and he fell, and then Julian...well, Julian is Julian, he doesn't need tricks to try lure me away other than showing his face. See I'm reading the Forbidden Game? I haven't even finished Prophecy's Ruin. But Julian is just such an amazing character. A book is really really well written if you can open it at any page at any stage of the story and get sucked in on the first sentence your eye falls on.

Anyway, reading matter and wanna-be distractions aside - disipline is integral to completing a novel. I have the wacked out ex fiance that needs to show up and stir up some things, but before then I need things to settle between my MC's ( just a liiiiiiiiittle bit). I'm thinking after they get engaged. That should be a good time to bring in the bombshell. Ex fiance is pretty accomplished at sabotage, and will possibly be one of the few very well established characters in the book, because I'm taking her straight from another series of mine (I will from hereon refer to that series as The Firestone Chronicles - no publish, just my own novels for my own entertainment :p) that I have been writing since primary school. She was one of 'the ancients', which is just my way of referring to the first set of characters I've ever written since putting pen to paper. So, Ex fiance will succeed here, fail there, but all in all she'll make things pretty complicated and ugly. Until the wedding takes place, when M/MC's cousin will show up and help ease things a little.

I'm getting ahead of myself. I should stop writing about what I'm going to write and get to actually writing it. Well...after I watch UFC with my fiance.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment